Saturday, July 28, 2012

My first pet peeve came while reading the postings of things people had to sell on my local facebook page.  UGH  People seem to have the words SELL and SALE mixed up....I guess they do sound sort of alike when you speak OKIE...but here's the skinny on sell and sale.   Sell is the verb...the action word.  I have a blankety blank to sell.  Sale is the noun. .... Nouns name things.  That blankety blank that I want to sell is for sale.  When you pay me money for it, I have made a sale.  Hey, by the way, I have some things I need to sell!  Please don't sell this short.  There are still people out there who speak English!  Now get out there and sell, sell, sell!  Sold, to the highest bidder...

2 comments:

  1. love, love, love this! way to go my friend. so proud to be your very first follower and I promise to always practice excellent grammar in my posts on your blog. hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new project! I hope you have lots of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete